Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Get Three Healthy Bread Recipes Down Pat

I've made several attempts over the years to make bread.  The only time I really succeeded was making challah.  Every time I made it over the years it turned out beautifully, as well as tasting VERY good.  The problem with it?  It has too much white sugar, butter and white flour to be placed in my healthy category.  Plus, it's almost like cheating when you make things taste good with lots of butter and sugar- those things make everything taste better, don't they?  I've made other breads but have never been completely satisfied with the outcome- not attractive enough, too heavy, etc. 

So my next life list item:  I want to be able to make three different kinds of healthy, tasty breads to have under my belt, in my recipe collection, or just to impress....myself. :)   I also don't want to spend hours a week when I finally get the recipes.  So they need to be fairly simple.  I have a recipe book in mind and will share when I have a recipe picked out.



The above picture isn't bread made by my own hand.  It was delivered by the milk man (yes milk men still exist).  It's healthy, tasty and too expensive.  I want to make it- much cheaper. 


On to the updates:  I took several weeks off from working on the trophy  (after being sick) I started again this week hoping to be ready for the new year with several good habits well on their way.

I'm still digitizing CDs- a tedious project that I don't work on every day, but I'm slowly crawling there and I'm more than half-way done.

Also?  My clothes closet is looking better and better, and even though all my clothes are black :),  I have started seeing them individually.  Plus, I haven't missed anything!

No comments: